Por qué es un doctor de primer nivel/Professional statement/Perché è un dottore di prim’ordine
Dr Harjinder Singh is a well-respected, internationally recognised sport and exercise medicine consultant from Leicester and is often asked to give second opinions in challenging cases in professional sport. At an national and international level, he has worked with:
- The FA; Leicester City FC; Wolverhampton Wanderers FC; Nottingham Forest FC
- World-Class Boxing Heavyweight, Dillian Whyte
- The England and Wales Cricket Board; Leicestershire County Cricket Club; Pakistan Cricket Board(PCB)
- Leicester Tigers
As well, Dr Singh has successfully treated thousands of NHS patients over the years at Leicester General Hospital, where he is very popular with patients and immensely respected by his peers alike.
Dr Singh is passionate about working with science that provides all-natural sources of healing rather than just medicating the symptoms. He is highly sought after in the UK for the optimisation of non-surgical treatments for musculoskeletal conditions, sports injuries that include the use of regenerative medicine. That is the use of your own body tissues at the cellular level to promote natural growth, repair and healing to damaged muscles, cartilage, tendons, ligaments and bones. He is part of the leadership team at Pinnacle that is using advanced results-driven treatment plans adopting a multidisciplinary clinician-led team approach, achieving fast recovery rates, improved performance, better movement and pain-free living.
Being trained in the use of ultrasound-guided injections with many years of experience at the top level means he has achieved successful outcomes with treatments of:
Refractory tendinopathies, osteoarthritis, sports injuries with novel therapies such as extracorporeal shockwave therapy, autologous blood injections or dry needling, Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections, hyaluronic acid injections, prolotherapy injections in peripheral joints and soon, stem cell injections.
Amongst Dr Singh’s other experience:
- An approved practitioner that treats members of the Talented athlete scholarship scheme (TASS) and the Professional Footballers Association (PFA).
- Medical advisor to PGMOL, Professional game match officials limited.
- Educator for the FA’s pitchside immediate care.
- Educator at AECC, University College Bournemouth.
- Educator for Arthrex on ultrasound guided PRP injections.
- Previous involvement in NHS sports medicine training, nationally and locally.
Outside of work, he enjoys spending time with his wife and four young children as well as playing golf and cricket. He takes a keen interest in cultural and social issues and has been actively involved in charity work within the local community.
Low back pain
Pinaccle Global Health13 Lichfield Rd ST17 4UE - Stafford(+44) 01218289901
Nuffield Health Leicester HospitalScraptoft Lane LE5 1HY - Leicester(+44) 01162188012
Spire Leicester HospitalGartree Road LE2 2FF - Leicester(+44) 01162188029